Health and Safety
DIRECTORATE OF HEALTH AND SAFETY
WHO WE ARE?
The directorate of Health & Safety was established on April 2010. This office is committed to provide a safe and healthy work and educational environment for all its employees, students and visitors.
The mandate of this directorate includes:
- Managing the university’s overall health & safety program with the goal of preventing occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures to meet all requirements, duties set by standard occupational Health & Safety Acts and any applicable regulations.
The Ministry of higher Education is committed to the protection of its employees, students, the environment and its physical assets. The Health & Safety Committees of this directorate are dedicated to maintain a safe work environment in order to prevent occupational injuries and illnesses. All employees are equally responsible for complying with the requirements of the Health & Safety Act and Regulations, and Operational Policies. The Health & Safety Directorate provides a system to manage health & safety hazards and protect the health and safety of the students & employees.
The policies and procedures used by the health and safety directorate are designed to ensure protecting the health and safety of all students & employees. The purpose of establishing this directorate is to ensure that:
- Managing is committed to the prevention of occupational illness and injury.
- A health and safe work environment is maintained.
- The Universities of Kurdistan region meets all legislated requirements.
- Supervisors and committee members understand that it is their responsibility to ensure that health and safe work conditions are maintained and all employees under their direction are appropriately trained.
- Employees & Students understand that it is not only management, but also the employees & student’s legislated responsibility to work safely and report all unsafe or unhealthy conditions.
- The responsibilities of contractors, sub-contractors and their employees are defined, and also ensure that their standards meet or exceed the University’s and legislated health and safety program standards.
- The rules, regulations, policies, procedures and criteria of universities will be communicated to and made available for all employees.