Farsat Ahmad Abdullah
Minister of Justice
Year of Birth: 1946
Marital Status: Married
Place of Residence: Duhok
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law
Work Experience and Responsibilities:
- Head of Sub-districts Mzori Balla (Sherwan Mazn), Doski (Mangesh), Nervarekan - Rezgari (Ibrahim Khalil), 1970 – 1974.
- Joined freedom movement of Kurdistan, appointed as Mayor of Duhok, 1974-1975.
- Resigned from Mayoral position and started to practice as a Lawyer, 1980 – 1992.
- Member of the Iraqi Kurdistan National Council,
- Secretary of the Kurdistan Parliament and member of its Leadership Council, 1992 – 2003. Continued in his position for 3 terms of Parliament in which he participated and contributed to many legislative activities.
- Attended the opposition congress in London, 2002.
- Member of the Committee for Drafting the Kurdistan and Iraq Constitution, 2002.
- Member of the Iraqi Parliament Council to set up the election mechanism, Baghdad, 2003.
- Attended meetings of the Iraqi Leadership Council as an assistant to the KDP’s delegation led by his excellency, President Barzani. Represented Kurdistan in Parliament’s committees
- Head of Follow-up Committee for the Iraqi-Kurdistan Constitution, 2006 -2008.
- Advisor to the KRG on Federal and Constitutional matters since 2015.
- Kurdish (native)
- Arabic (fluent)