On this page you will find:
- Information for Travellers
- Information for Kurdistani Citizens
- Instructions for Kurdistani Citizens
- Emergency Hotline Number
As part of measures to prevent an outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the Kurdistan Region, the Ministry of Interior has issued regulations not to grant visas or entry documents to citizens of seven countries:
(last updated 04-03-2020)
- South Korea
Kurdistani citizens who have visited the seven countries listed above in 2020 will have an additional medical test for the coronavirus before being allowed to enter the Kurdistan Region.
In addition, the Kurdistan Regional Government urges citizens not to travel to other cities in Iraq, as cases of coronavirus have already been confirmed in some areas.
These steps are being taken to protect your health, the health of other travelers and the health of communities in the Kurdistan Region.
Iraqi and foreign citizens traveling to the Kurdistan Region
- No one is allowed to return to the Kurdistan Region from abroad without the permission of the Interior Minister. Those returning will be quarantined at the port of entry.
- Iraqi and foreign citizens that have traveled to the following countries in the past 30 days will undergo tests and quarantined for a duration determined by the Health Ministry.
(last updated 13 March 2020)
Bosnia and Herzegovina
United Kingdom (including Scotland)
- Foreign diplomats and official delegations are exempt from the above regulation given that they provide Medical Clearance against the Coronavirus.
- KRG advises all people from the Kurdistan Region who reside in Europe to not return to the Kurdistan Region for the Newroz holidays as all celebrations and events have been suspended.