KRG Department of Information Technology announces the launch of the region's first digital Border Crossing Control System
Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq (GOV.KRD) - The Department of Information Technology (DIT) of the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) announces the launch of the region's first digital Border Crossing Control System (BCS). An innovative solution aimed at regulating the movement of travelers in and out of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI).
BCS is a suite of modern tools and systems designed to centralize and streamline the process, offering a practical and universally-accessible solution to the Ministry of Interior and visitors alike. The system is developed entirely in-house by the DIT and boasts a range of cutting-edge features that are both interoperable and integrated. The BCS is composed of the following subsystems that exchange data:
1) E-Visa portal is the main gateway for foreigners to apply for a visa online and get their e-visa permit digitally. An end-to-end digital system that provides a smooth experience for people who would like to visit Kurdistan.
2) Entry/Exit Management System (EEMS) is a modern control system to be deployed at all border points, such as Erbil and Sulaymaniyah International Airports to properly control and capture travel event-related data. It interconnects data from all ports and subsystems, empowering the officers with tools and crucial information.
3) National Stop List (NSL) maintains the data of individuals who are prohibited from traveling in or out of the region for a variety of reasons according to laws and regulations. This multi-stakeholder system consolidates all the travel restrictions data and management via a single registry and database, providing accurate and real-time information to all border control systems.
4) Guarantor Information Management System (GIMS) is a digital portal for actors, authorized by the KRG Ministry of Interior to apply for visas on behalf of nationals of certain countries. It offers a full digital experience to the stakeholders managing visa applications.
5) Visa Information Management System (VIMS) is a digital back office system developed specifically for the Department of Visa at the KRG Ministry of Interior, empowering them to have full visibility and control over everything related to visas.
The BCS digitally transforms the manual processes and offers improved data security and privacy, and empowers the Ministry of Interior with visibility and control.
Visit the new visa application portal via VISIT.GOV.KRD